Quick and Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins: McEffins!
June 29, 2018
Okay so I tried to give these breakfast egg muffins a ‘cool’ name. Clearly I’m not Cisco (10 points for whoever get’s the Flash reference ;))
We can make this Keto friendly!
On a serious note, these are super easy (I’m all about easy work) to make and if you skip the pancake mix and switch it out with Almond Flour, these breakfast muffins become totally keto friendly!
I mean toddler approved and keto-friendly? Say what?! I mean this is genius! LOL.
I have not calculated the macros for this one but it’s fairly high in protein. You can up the cheese and/or add cream cheese to increase the fat for it as well.
These muffins are super nutritious for breakfast and can be used on the go. If you’re always getting late in the morning like yours truly, then you make and freeze them. Pop them out before you get dresses and then simple heat them up (microwave or toaster oven both works. Plus with a couple tweaks in the recipe, you can totally sneak in a veggie or two for a complete breakfast meal. And the most important reason this was a win for me was that my toddler was able to eat most of it (Breakfast is our toughest time) so that added about 3 minutes of peace in my life.
So let’s start are off with the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp milk
- pinch of baking powder
- 3-6 tbsp pancake mix or Almond flour mixed with 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Spinach/Potato/Cauliflower Mash Optional
- Use a muffin dish and spray it with oil or butter . Set the oven to 325 temperature.
- Now whip the eggs and mix in salt,pepper and onion powder.
- Add cheese, milk and sour cream to the mixture.
- Once well combined, gradually add the pancake mix and baking powder.
- I added about 5 tbsp to the mixture and found that a little denser than what I wanted. Ideal would be 3 tbsp or when the consistency thickens slightly
- Pour the mixture in the muffin pan and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Optionally you can also put in some spinach or potatoes or even mix in cauliflower mash. It tastes delish!
- Now pop in the over for about 12-15 and let it rest for 2 minutes (it will continue to cook
McEffins are ready! (okay I’ll stop) Egg Muffins are ready.
Try it out! Let me know how it goes for you or if you made some changes to the recipe,
I love it when people update existing recipes, you can see amazing master pieces come out of it